Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday



Come join me today at Lindsey's What I Wore Wednesday



pleated poppy



I have a deep confession to make.

I have two addictions.

Food and clothes.

It's quite pathetic since the two are quite incompatible, wouldn't you say?
 
It's sad, I know.
 
I love to eat, and I love to cook, at least I used to love to cook. As I have gotten older, for some reason I have not been quite as passionate about cooking as I used to be. However, every once in a while I do still love to spend hours on end creating masterpieces in my kitchen, if for nothing else, to receive great accolades from my husband who I love to please, and an "you are the greatest" from my otherwise occasionally ungrateful children that I love to spoil.  
 
I've been working on a few recipes that I will be sharing with you in the near future as I once again try to breathe new life into this pitifully neglected blog of mine.
 
In the meantime, I will indulge myself and hopefully inspire you at some level (in the area of vanity perhaps) as I link up to a fun blog that I often visit, particularly on Wednesdays, to receive inspiration myself.
 
As Lindsey puts it  "this is a place I started to motivated myself to get dressed each day.  as a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom, it is really easy to lounge around all day in my jammies or sweats.  but getting dressed really does help me be more productive and feel better about myself!" Sais I also, who sits here at 11:00am still in my pj's working on this post.
 
There has always been a part of me that has held back on participating in this party thinking that it is  totally stupid, pathetic, and vain. But another side of me screams OH! how fun! Can I come? So I am giving into the pathetic fun side of me and I'm finally going to link up.
 
Here is a sample of what I wore last week.

 
 
Cool-ish day

 photo afb0cf11-bab1-4755-9419-5458437ac24a_zpsaf62d95b.jpg



 photo d80d4526-1a6e-477e-a42c-dbb2f212cc48_zps36c1e4df.jpg
 
Jacket: Old Navy; Camo Pants: ancient Old Navy; Sleeveless white shirt: LOFT; Earrings: Target
 
 


 
Hot Day

 photo ee9269c7-fe50-4142-b27c-30f1f2449d7b_zps0e528bdf.jpg



 photo 94a3a4c8-0e5a-4888-b5ca-45043245295a_zps41840258.jpg



 photo 80414231-5497-48f9-b855-7d12080a4a7e_zps171314e7.jpg
 
Cute dots! Shirt: Gap Outlet; Boyfriend Jeans: Gap Outlet; Earrings: Target
Flip Flops: Tommy Hilfiger via Ross
 
 
And, Cold Again Day
 
 
 photo whatIwore029_zps9e437fc3.jpg

 Nine West Jeans from Stein Mart; Gray Shirt from TJ MAXX; Sweater: Target
 
 
And 9 times out of ten you will find me wearing this staple.
My boys' initials. Made by me! 
 
 photo whatiwore2_zpsfe82988e.jpg

 
 
 
 
As far as tackling those pesky addictions that I mentioned and that I am totally serious about? My hope is that I can be BRAVE enough to talk about them some day. Because I don't want my blog to be so much about what to eat and what to wear. My prayer is that my blog would be about what I believe, what I truly love and about the heart that I want the Lord to continue to Create in Me.   
 
See ya' later, hopefully having a great hair day, looking and feeling beautiful too.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love your outfits, they are all so cute! (In the good way not the patronizing way:))

    Thank you for sharing, maybe next week I'll be brave enough to post. I've been in the same boat, is it silly, vain? But... then I think it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Stacey! I'll be looking for your brave, cute self!

      Delete