A REASON TO RUN

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What's for dinner?

We all wonder what the gal next door is cooking tonight. If not out of plain curiosity, it's because we are dieing for some good ideas. I used to LOVE to cook. Cooking was my "thing". My mom was a fantastic cook and she passed that love on to us kids. All four of us like to cook and we do it well. However, I must tell you that as the years in the kitchen have worn down on me, my love for cooking has greatly decreased. For one, I have a very picky child that has managed to ZAP every ounce of joy out of it every single night for the past 4 or so years. I tire of the complaining and the stress of feeding my family every night. Also, I have managed to get a job since then and I have many other hobbies that are begging for my attention, energy and time. Cereal anyone?
Every once and a while I do enjoy blocking my son's comments and try to make a real special meal for dinner, one that my husband and my other son will marvel at and sing praises to me about.
At our household we cover the whole gamete, from, yumm I will have a glass of Chardonnay with that:

DSCN1043

DSCN1042


all the way to, "who is picking up the pizza?" "Any Miller Light left in the fridge?"

Photobucket


There are some meals that I will only fix in the winter. Such as the fanciest of potato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Photobucket


Photobucket


There are other dishes that look disgusting, but actually taste good. Like this "Hot Chicken Salad"

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my two other favorites are HAMBURGERS!! These have carmalized onions, bacon and swiss cheese.
I know, these just look so greasy and therefore sinful, to just add a little insult to injury, fry some sweet potatoes to go with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our other favorite are QUESADILLAS. Even the "picky one" loves these two last diches, well, minus the onions and other "yucky" stuff.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Well, I guess that is enough for now. Since I haven't written in months and I really didn't want to get away from blogging I finished up this draft to get my momentum going. Be back soon with more food and hopefully more to craft and chat about.

No comments:

Post a Comment