A REASON TO RUN

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Sweater Purse

I have been wanting to make myself a purse for months! I either chicken out because I can't make up my mind on what fabric to use or what size and pattern to use. It drives me crazy! So, I one day was looking through my blog subscriptions and stumbled upon this simple beauty! I needed a simple start so I took off with it. Finally!

Hobby lobby was closed today, and Walmart didn't have the magnetic thingies, so I modified the closure. It works, and I like it, but I didn't get to use the cute flower I made for it because I don't like how it looks with the button.

Photobucket

I began making the purse several days ago but since the lining fabric hadn't arrived at the time I had no idea when I'd get to finish it. Even when the fabric arrived life had taken over and my cut up sweater got shoved to the corner. Today, however, it has began to snow. When it snows life just slows down, and since I'm fairly confident that there will be no school tomorrow there is no since of urgency, laundry can wait, kitchen can wait, I suddenly have all of the time in the world. So here you go. My lovely wintery RED purse. Does it look familiar Mrs. Bray!?


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment