A REASON TO RUN

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flowers and Swords

A while back I posted an entry: Why I'm not the Stereotype. My intention was to post another entry explaining why I actually am. Today I will not go into such detail, because, as evidenced by my prolonged absence, I have been incredibly busy. Part time job, family, part time job, groceries to buy, clothes to wash, meals to fix, cereal to pull out of the cupboard...

But this morning I am giggling so much because you almost can't get more sterotypical than this.

Let me just back up a tad bit and let you know that my son Isaac a couple of weeks ago went to Williamsburg and Jamestown on a school trip. Being the typical male he is, when asked about his trip all I could get out of him was: "It was fun". I also found out that he had spilled coffee on his shorts, ripped a pair of other shorts, lost his wallet (only $10 plus his Starbucks gift card with probaby $10 worth left on it), and was chaffed most of the time because it was so HOT.
Other than that, I guess he did NOTHING. But slowly little at a time he has seeped some information, one thing I learned is that he saw a, well I'm not sure what he saw, all I know is that he decided he wanted to forge a real sword. He is determined to have a sword. As my male companions due most of the time, they plan and conspire and get to work as soon as Mike has time. So I go outside to check on them and this is what I find:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




In the meantime, do you know what I've been working on? Flowers, yes of course. I have made quite a few in the past weeks and have a small order to fill today. So here is what I do on a Saturday morning:



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Flowers and swords. Yep, that is what I call a typical day at my house...
Stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment