A REASON TO RUN

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Welcome to my Family Room

Let's begin our journey in the almost center of the home. This room is the most used other than perhaps the kitchen. You may need a refresher of what it looked like empty, the day we moved in:



BEFORE

Photobucket




Photobucket


This is what it looks like today. (Sorry about the quality of picture and the glares, no fancy camera and no drapes)


AFTER


Photobucket



Photobucket



I have a very different vision for this room, but just like everything else, it may take years to change. Here are a few improvements that I should begin with. But you know that when you move in somewhere, you just have to make due with what you have.


Photobucket



Photobucket


It's quite overwhelming when you have so much that you want and feel like you need to get done with your home, it's just hard to know where to start. This room is actually very low on my priority list except for the need for drapes. The rest will probably stay put for now. My kitchen annoys me way more and I haven't even begun to organize my craft room. So, there you go.

What I love about this room is the fact that it is open to the kitchen. I took these pictures from the edge of the kitchen, it is separated by a "bar" but it is one big open room. I can cook and know exactly what is being watched and played on the TV. The breakfast room is on the other side of the kitchen and we actually have a desk and computer in there, so I also know what is going on there too!!

If you have any brilliant ideas or suggestions for this space I would love to hear from you. See you later in my bedroom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment