A REASON TO RUN

Monday, January 18, 2010

I am a convert

A newbie, but a convert. As of right now this is costing me more than it is saving me money. Paint is expensive, so once I have my stash I think it will become more of a good deal. But, I must say, this is fun. But ADICTIVE! As with most things we get excited about, we must keep it in perspective because it can so easily take hold of our lives, our time and our money!

Last week I went to Doodwill and got a hidious lamp fpr $4.00. But since I'm new at this, I forgot to take a before picture :( But here is what I did with it:

Photobucket


Spray painted it black. (it had a golden base and the rest had been painted white. Whoever tried that did a very poor job, hince it was at Goodwill!)
I need to find a shade now. Got one today, but it was the wrong kind. Bummer! I'm sure it isn't the first mistake I make!

This weekend we went to Knoxville for my son's indoor soccer game and we stoped at the Exit 407 Flea Market and was thrilled to death! Here is what I bought:

Photobucket
Photobucket

$8 for both frames


Photobucket

Photobucket


We just got 3 chairs @ $10 a piece, the forth one was broken, so it wasn't worth getting, no biggy since I plan on having a mix match of chairs anyway.


A couple of weeks ago I was on my way from work and saw this:


Photobucket

Photobucket

on the side of the road. So I did something I've never DREAMED I would do. I took it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but some day I will do something and I will be sure to post it.

The chairs I'm going to paint black and I have already picked some awesome material to re- cover them that will go perfect with my kitchen.
I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for the day I post all this stuff looking very diferent than what they look like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment