A REASON TO RUN

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SNOW Days?

We are now on day three of being out because of the snow. With just way to much time on my hands and going a little stir crazy I decided to do a little something each day, you know, productive.

Thursday we got out early, I think I slept some. Friday I made a "matress" made with towels for my dog's kennel:

Photobucket

Monday, made some bling, here is a small sample:

Photobucket

Today, I turned my kitchen door into a chalkboard! I have been wanting to do some chalkboard thing for a while, and just never knew where to do it. My walls were taken and my house is small. Then it hit me!!!
Before:

Photobucket

First I picked my color, took the necesary trips to Lowes, sanded the door.
Then began mixing: Paint and unsanded grout (whatever that is):


Photobucket

Then we all got to work:

Photobucket

This was the first step, and it looked like this:

Photobucket

But then you sand, and rub chalk all over, and then you are free to write!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the words Carpe Diem above the door! I have that on my voicemail and its a theme I remind myself about daily to "Seize the Day". Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete