A REASON TO RUN

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Lamp Drape (for lazy crafters)

For two years I have held on to this great king size duvet and shams that I bought from a friend at her garage sale. I LOVE the print on the fabric and I just haven't been able to bring myself to cutting it up. I just couldn't decide what to do with it. Upholster my chairs? make pillows? Flowers? all of the above, or keep it in hopes that SOME day we may get a king size bed. I THINK I'm ready to pull those scissors out and begin to snip snip away.

The ugly black lamp got a paint job, but it looks awful with the boring brown shade it had on it. So, as you can see in the following picture, the duvet pattern goes wonderfully with my new rug that I'm still dreamy about. But I'm just too darn lazy to cover up the shade properly (measure, cut sew or glue, blah, blah, blah...). It has a weird shape and I'm afraid I will mess it up. Although it's not like I don't have plenty of fabric to go around! But still... So couldn't I just start a new fad and have Lamp Drapes, instead of lamp shades?



Photobucket

I guess I need to add it to my To Someday get to Do list.

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! The lamp drape cracks me up! I can so relate. I have so many things on my "I'll get to that someday" list, it could be a book! I'm not sure how well the lamp drape will take off. ;) That duvet pattern is adorable!
    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete