A REASON TO RUN

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Christmas Wreath

Photobucket
I rarely feel pride in what I do. Somehow I seem to always find every fault imaginable even if I am just imagining it. I hate bragging and that may, to some extent, be one of the reasons that I find it so hard to stick to blogging. It seems to always come down to just one word, FEAR. I know, it is something I desperately need to work on, and some day I may come up with enough nerve to actually write about it, because I believe that at some level it can also be called PRIDE. Deep....

Well, today I will finally let you see a project that I made several weeks ago. I mentioned it to you when I made my Fall wreath, and I have been dieing to show it to you. It may not be perfect, it may have lots of flaws, but I am in LOVE with it. And yes, I am PROUD.

I originally saw this wreath on Pintrest, which took me to it's souse at ETSY. I searched and searched for a tutorial since I wasn't willing to pay that much for it, but all of the tutorials I found were lame and none directed me to the final product I was looking for. I had almost everything I needed for the project, so I bravely did something I never do: wing it.

I wish I could give you a tutorial, but honestly, I winged it, from beginning to end.
First I wrapped a foam wreath with some scrap burlap (hopefully you will see what I did with the rest of it soon). Then I cut long strips. My strips were 6 and 1/2 inches wide and I just twisted and turned each segment till I liked how it looked, then I grabbed my hot glue gun and quickly squirted a huge glob on to make it stay in place. I burned my fingers A LOT that day. But, it was so worth it.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

And what do you know? Some how I ended up with this beauty!


Photobucket 


Photobucket


Photobucket


GORGEOUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment