A REASON TO RUN

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Welcome to my Christmas



Come on in and have some Fudge.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Turn left:


Photobucket

Since I'll be hosting Christmas dinner this year, and I don't have any furniture for the formal living room, and I love to have people over anyway, I decided to turn the living room into a second temporary dinning room.


Photobucket

Come on into our family room and make yourself at home.

Photobucket



Photobucket

While you are here, you must check out my most special Christmas decore. This here is a chilean Christmas Manger Scene. I have had this for about 25 years. My mom and dad gave it to me when I left Chile. Through the years I have added pieces to the small collection I began with. My dad's favorite is the hanging angel. I love it too, but...

Photobucket

......

Photobucket

...if you take a peek  behind Joseph you will see my special friend the black sheep. Isn't he precious? Say yes, because he is me, and perhaps he is you too. At times don't we all feel like the proverbial "black sheep", the one who feels like perhaps we just don't belong here, there, anywhere?  ... yet here, at the feet of Jesus I do belong and I try to get, yes, as close as I can get to my Savior. He wants you there too, come join me as I worship the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Emanuel.

Photobucket

Do you see how wounded Joseph is? Poor fella'. He was on his way to Bethlehem and got a little distracted, took a tumble and fell off a cliff and landed on the hardwood floor rocks. Jesus wasn't born yet so he wasn't any help. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put poor Joseph together again either. So my superhero, Mike, came to the rescue and got him all patched up. Good thing he survived and will now able to flee to Egypt when the time comes. Poor Mary, not sure she could make it without him. If nobody tells her, I think I'm going to have to sweet talk one of my friends in Chile into replacing my Joseph for me. That way, next year, maybe the journey won't be so hard.


 

1 comment:

  1. It was fun catching up with you! The house is looking great, and I love both of your wreaths! Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete