A REASON TO RUN

Friday, February 24, 2012

Deviled Chicken



I'm not so sure what's devilish about this chicken, but I am making it tonight in memory of the devil himself (this is not an honor) because I was under severe spiritual warfare yesterday. I'm not kidding. I don't take this stuff lightly at all, and I'm not the type that thinks the boogie man is out to get me all of the time, but the more I think about that day, the more I'm convinced that spiritual warfare is what was really taking place. I will spare you the details about it, but, suffice it to say that I ended up flat on my back with the headache from hell. I was practically paralyzed with pain for the better part of the evening. I hate to call these headaches migraines because I really don't want to insult those who have them. I did not see lights, I did not throw up, and I was not sensitive to light or noise. I just couldn't function.

I called Mike on my way to dropping Isaac off at soccer practice (yay, soccer is back, and no, that was not a sarcastic remark) and told him that the thought of having to get back in the car to pick him up from soccer was more than I could take. He graciously served me by leaving work early so that he could do for me the only thing that absolutely HAD to get done that evening. He picked up Isaac and then took him and Elijah to McAllisters for dinner and by the time they got home with a warm bowl of potato soup for me, I felt well enough to make it downstairs and eat my dinner. He also had to wash a load of clothes because he had no clean socks, and Isaac had no clean underwear or jeans. Lord bless this man that works his butt off all day and comes home to serve his wife that feels very inadequate for not having dinner on the table and clean clothes on demand.

Anyway, back to the devil. I had planned on making this last night, but since I was slightly incapacitated, it has been re-scheduled for tonight.

Ironic, don't you think, because of yesterday's events? Deviled Chicken.
In your face, jerk!!! I've got the mightiest warrior fighting for me, so, bring it on... wheasel.

In order to feel redeemed by my husband (not that I should, but it just makes me happy to do so) I will be making this great meal. It's super simple, and very easy. (he likes it too)


Deviled Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Italian bread crumbs
½ cup (or more, hiccup) of white wine
1 Tbsp. honey mustard
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
a small jar of whole mushrooms


Coat Chicken with bread crumbs.
Today I used chicken tenders because that is what I have in my fridge begging, to be bagged and frozen before it goes bad, or eaten.

Photobucket


Brown in skillet heated with olive oil for only 3-4 of minutes max per side. Have the oil hot so they will brown quickly.


Photobucket
Add wine, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove chicken and add honey mustard, lemon juice, and mushrooms to pan. (I forgot to get the mushrooms and I'm to lazy to go buy them, hence the conspicuous absence of the mushrooms.)


Photobucket

Stir till heated. Add chicken back into the sauce, and done!
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Photobucket  

If you want to make the fabulous looking potatoes that are accompanying the chicken, hop on over to Pioneer Woman, and she will tell you how without skipping a beat. I threw in some olive oil coated peas also. They get a little hard and chew-y. But I loved them. 

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Rules
There is only one rule

Pray before you eat. And remember that the enemy of our souls is dead set on stopping us from allowing the Spirit of the Living God to work through us to bless this lost and tormented world. 
Spiritual warfare is going on. Now.
Please remember that this is the God that parted the red sea, tore down the walls of Jericho, defeated the Medanites with 300 men and jars of clay. His fire consumed the wood, the stones of the altar, the soil, and licked the water that filled the trench that had surrounded said altar at the showdown in Mt. Carmel.  This is the God who forgave David, blessed Solomon, and sent Isaiah. He calmed the storm, healed the sick, he fed the 5000, transformed lives and raised them from the dead. HE rose from the dead. Remember that in Ephesians 1 He tells us we have that same power through Christ. You do, I do.
That is what I want you to remember as you eat this chicken, and all of the days to come.



Just so you know. I wrote this on Wednesday. The headache from hell was on Fat Tuesday. Oh, if you only knew the irony in that! (and, no, I didn't have a hangover). Someday... I may tell you my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment