A REASON TO RUN

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Calling all Creative minds

I don't know if you are like me, but I go through stages. I sometimes think that I am crazy, or going crazy, or just way to insecure to settle on being myself. I do remember my mom going through stages like this, so I don't feel so bad, and I will assume that all (or at least most of) you have done the same. My mom went through the crosstitching stage, and the dog breeding and training to compete stage. Those just stick out in my mind, because they were when I was a teen, I'm sure there are many more, she had friends, there HAD to be more. I wish she were alive to tell them all. I may have to go ask her friends...

We like to be on top of it all, to be "in" with whatever your "in" crowd is doing. Really it all goes back to Keeping up with the Joneses. What happens to me though, is I just want to jump in, and I do, head first! Let me tell you about some of my stages. One was bread making. I was determined to make my own bread from scratch, with freshly ground whole wheat. I bought the mill, the mixer, the whole nine yards. My bread is delicious. I came up with my own recipe and I make, apple-cinnamon, and orange cranberry at Christmas time. Yummy. Isaac who is now 11, never had white bread till he was 3 or 4. The first time he tried it, he didn't like it and said with great surprise "MOM! This bread is WHITE!"

I tried the scrapbooking, but because I am just too much of a perfectionist and "non-creative" it was just too frustrating to me! I hated it and why was I spending so much time and money on something I hated so much?

I sold bread, I sold Pampered Chef and now I sell jewelry. So add on to that the new love of trying to be creative. I have decided that I am not as creative as most bloggers, but I am resourceful. I like the JUNKIN'. My husband makes fun of me. "I can't believe you WANT to go to the Flea Market. Two years ago you would have turned your nose up at all this stuff." Now, I try to look at everything with new eyes.

Yet, I am still a newbie!

So here is what I got Saturday:

Photobucket

the lovely tea pot is missing it's top. So it will have to be used as a vase. All three were $3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike sowed me these, thought they were so cool. He says they are insulators for electrical wires. However, what the heck am I going to do with those? $1 a piece


And what do you think of this crazy thing? I can't even decide if I like it. It was $1 so I figured I had nothing to loose (other than a dollar (it was a lamp as far as I can tell)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today I went to Central Services and got these cuties:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What oh, what to do with these?!!

I also bought several picture frames. I'm lovin' the picture frames!

Any affirmation and advice will be much appreciated. Because right now I'm feeling like I just have a bunch of junk! $21 dollars worth of junk.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh, honey. i used to be such the flea market chic. i used to plot a course friday afternoon and hit it hard first thing sat. (before kids)
    the lamp is screaming candle holder to me!
    picture frames: paint them all the same color and create a gallery-you can frame photos or kids' art work or frame frames! :)
    the insulators are collectable (pretty sure)... might want to check their values...
    as well, some of the colored glass pieces... especially if they are old!

    finally blogged on our luncheon and included a link to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my insulators in my garden for some interest. Kelly has a collection of those white vases that she has on a shelf in her kitchen. You can get them regularly at GW for cheap. A large group of anything looks interesting--even junk! Who cares if it looks like a bunch of junk now; it is part of the creative process. When the idea hits you, you will have the supplies! hehehe

    ReplyDelete