A REASON TO RUN

Monday, November 2, 2009

Keeping up with the Joneses

Seriously?
I'm trying to be creative here, not perfect. I have been looking at all of these blogs and I am amazed! Do people's houses really look like that? Mine doesn't!
So, I have decided that keeping up with the Joneses will be impossible. They are too perfect and crafty and their children are too beautiful. Their cameras are too good and expensive and make everything probably look better that they really are. No way, I just can't do it!! WOW ! That was so liberating!
Well, I'll just be myself, take it or leave it.
You know? We do like to show off the better part of ourselves to the world, don't we? It somehow makes us feel better about ourselves. I'm not really implying that it is a bad thing. I just find it very interesting, and nothing to be ashamed of. After all, we are created in God's image and he is beautiful, We as women carry with us that part of the image of God and we do our best to do it well. That is why I think there is nothing to be ashamed of. Don't we want to make him look good? Don't we want to represent him well? But is that our motivation? Shouldn't it be?
On the one hand there is a natural God given inclination in women to look beautiful, to strive for beauty and make everything around us as beautiful as we canmake it (including ourselves). But on the flip side, just like with all wonderful gifts of God we just seem to have a hard time carrying it to an extreme. Beauty and appearances become our God and all praise it sought for our own glory instead of being a pure reflection of the gift he has given and we need to be thankful for.
I am not saying that I think that of any of these women and their blogs, on the contrary, I don't know their hearts, but I do know that it makes me thankful that God created us beautiful and it isn't up to the men to do all this work! Well, if it was to my husband... no comment...
So I guess I want to thank all of you women that want this world to be a better looking place and all of you creative women that reflect the great creativity of our maker. Let me join you and I can only hope that everything that I do would be a reflection of what good God has created in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment