A REASON TO RUN

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Where was I?

I mentioned in my profile that I grew up in South America. In a lovely City called Vineyard of the Sea. Well, recently my sisters and brother went back to visit and took quite a few pictures. I selected a few to share with you.

This first one is the Home I grew up in 1974-1987

Photobucket


That is my sister Linda standing in front.



Photobucket

This is my dad's sketch of our home that is in the cookbook.
As you can see, that great big building next to our neighbors house wasn't there when we were there.

There are hills and hills everywhere as you will see.


Photobucket


This picture was taken from the school that we attended. You can see a little of it there to the bottom right. And in front is one of the many Catholic churches in the city.


Photobucket

This is a typical panoramic view of the city.


Photobucket

And another...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

And when we wanted to get away, we would grab some friends, a picnic and drive to this lovely place about an hour and a half away. Zapallar.
I loved this place, it smelled so good, it had eucalyptus trees all over the place!!!


Photobucket


This is me (on the left) in 5th grade with my buddy Karina. We are right next to her house. Yes her house was built into the dunes. Whenever I spent the night with her I could hear the waves crashing at night and instead of enjoying them, I was always so afraid. I would imagine that I was going to be swallowed up in a tidal wave!


So, as you can see, this is where I was. Please no need to feel sorry for me living on the mission field all of my life.
I had a great life, with loving, God fearing parents. Great friends, a great school and a great semi sheltered life. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Maybe some day, if I ever get a scanner, I would be happy to share a tour down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment